Description du poste
The candidate Chief Enterprise Architect is a professional taking the lead of an Enterprise Architecture (EA) Capability. The candidate will not act as Head of EA — typically taking up the responsibility of managing the EA Capability in its daily operations — instead will focus on and lead the enterprise’s strategy/architecture alignment mission. The Chief Enterprise Architect will collaborate with senior executives and other key stakeholders to evolve strategic direction and to translate that direction in significant structure for the enterprise.
The candidate will typically fill in an internal position on interim basis so to inject Enterprise Architecture expertise.
Accountabilities / Duties
- Engaging key (C-Level) stakeholders and win their buy-in.
- Acting as the owner of and point of contact with regard to the Enterprise Architecture.
- Taking ownership of architecture principles.
- Taking ownership of non-functional requirements specification.
- Reviewing and approve functional and non-functional requirement specifications.
- Ensuring that applicable principles, policies, standards and guidelines are specified and being applied throughout the organisation.
- Designing the optimal enterprise architecture that supports the business in its needs.
- Organizing work internally in accordance with the envisioned EA, in close collaboration with all relevant stakeholders.
- Taking responsibility to design/evolve the strategic roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise architecture.
- Taking responsibility to design/evolve the enterprise-wide architecture capability, including governance, and leading organizational change.
- Taking responsibility to design and manage architecture transformation plans.
- Managing the overall scope and control changes.
- Pro-actively detect problems that could affect service delivery, infrastructure and architecture.
- Taking responsibility for the overall quality of the enterprise architecture.
- Acting as a coach towards stakeholders and other architects.
- Chairing Architecture Board(s)
- Working with key stakeholders to define, formulate and manage strategy.
- Taking ownership of mid and long-term strategy formulation (drivers, goals, principles …).
- Considering legal and regulatory aspects and their impacts on Enterprise Architecture.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the enterprise technologies and architectures. Developing current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Establishing reference architectures.
- Communicating architectural decisions, plans, goals, strategies and risks.
- Building business cases to support architecture investments.
- Gaining organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture and infrastructure initiatives.
- Preparing tenders (RFI, RFP, PoC requests …).
- Developing architectural metrics and reports.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strategic/conceptual thinker
- Thought leader. Develops reputation as highly respected and sharp thought leader who can quickly grasp key issues and assess their implications across the board in business and technology landscape.
- Possessing and demonstrating leadership qualities.
- Willing to engage in long term commitments.
- Customer-oriented in every aspect of the job.
- Willing to continue to learn and pick up new information quickly.
- Pragmatic, result-oriented and stress-resistant.
- Respectful of deadlines.
- Team player and positive attitude.
Master degree or equivalent (ideally ICT related).
- Excellent oral and written English, Dutch and French communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (spoken and written), especially the ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to resolve conflicting points of view and to align people cross team.
- Dealing with ambiguity and minimizing complexity.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with business users without any hierarchical link.
- Solid oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to guide externals resources and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Planning and cost estimation.
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise architecture and its sub-disciplines: business architecture, information architecture, application architecture, infrastructure architecture, …
- Excellent understanding of quality attributes as drivers of architecture and their nature.
- Excellent understanding of architecture/design patterns.
- Good knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, methods and tools. Certification is an asset.
- Knowledge of UML 2, BPMN, ArchiMate and ERD. Knowledge of the Business Model Canvas approach is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) style and associated governance.
- Good knowledge of web technologies.
- Knowledge of .NET, Java/JEE, mainframe and similar industry standard platforms.
- Good knowledge of SOA technologies: web services, REST, etc.
- Good knowledge of information and data management solutions: database management systems, enterprise content management systems, business intelligence systems, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
- Good understanding of and experience with Commercial Off-The-Shelf solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of system-of-systems interoperability approaches: enterprise application integration, service-oriented architecture, complex event processing, etc.
- Knowledge of capability maturity models e.g. CMMI
- Knowledge of IT governance frameworks e.g. ValIT, COBIT
- Thorough knowledge about, and experience with project methodologies and process management. Certification is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of agile practices.
- At least 2 years of experience in strategy formulation
- At least 10 years of experience as an enterprise architect
- At least 15 years of experience in IT
- A proven, full-scale track record as an enterprise architect